Head of Product Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, Australia
About Fluent Commerce
The world of commerce is changing rapidly. To offer a premium customer experience, retailers need to adapt quickly and challenge the status quo. But their old systems can’t support this new reality. That’s why we exist.
Fluent Commerce was founded to solve this problem and accelerate commerce globally. We’ve created a powerful and exciting commerce platform designed to meet the retail needs of the future. It’s a huge opportunity and we’re proud to be at the heart of it. We are the future of global commerce. But we need your help.
Headquartered in Sydney’s Silicon Valley – Surry Hills – we’re growing quickly. New opportunities, both nationwide and internationally, are added regularly for those who want them. Are you ready to change the world of commerce? Then join us.
In return for your passion and commitment, you’ll get a great salary with bonuses and share options, unlimited annual leave, opportunity to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours. We offer a vibrant office, casual dress code, and a fantastic team. If you’re looking for a creative, energetic environment where people never forget to have fun and are free to do what they love, then it is the right place for you.
As a talented and experienced marketer, you’re excited to work deeply with both the cross-functional Fluent team to bring Fluent Order Management to the world. You’ll share your industry expertise and deep customer understanding to collaborate with Product Management to define and execute the go-to-market strategy. You’ll be the voice the product, and show prospects how Fluent Order Management can solve retail problems–from every day to edge cases. You embrace ambiguity and complexity and bring insight, structure, and creativity to solve hard problems.
As a member of the broader team, you will also collaborate with the channel marketing team to translate strategy into the pipeline by guiding campaigns and tactics.
In addition, you’ll lead the Product Marketing team that’s responsible for the digital distribution of our marketing messages and product documentation. Your vast knowledge of real-world retail fulfillment use cases and scenarios will help them make our content more relevant and meaningful to partners, clients, and prospects. You’ll also use your superior strategic thinking and collaboration skills to ensure they meet their deliverables and goals, manage stakeholders, and negotiate any roadblocks that might arise.
- Go-to-Market Strategy – Help develop and manage day-to-day GTM plan for the Fluent Order Management offering.
- Market intelligence – Develop a thorough understanding of our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Competitive Intelligence – Understand our competitors and how they position their offerings and work with the commercial team to develop competitive sales battle cards.
- Positioning – Collaborate with Product Managers and the marketing team to develop messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas, and positions Fluent Order Management as an enterprise solution worthy of inclusion in an RFP.
- Product Launches and Releases – Plan launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Thought Leadership – Act as a thought leader for Fluent Order Management including written works and webinars.
- Product Documentation – Oversee all product related documentation
- Sales Support – Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our clients; work with the commercial team to develop sales plays and external collateral.
- Partner Enablement – Work with key stakeholders to develop partner enablement sales and implementation assets.
- Analyst Relations Support – Support analyst relations and relations with other industry influencers.
Skills and Experience
- Retail tech-focused – You have 5+ years’ experience in the enterprise retail technology space, 2+ years’ experience marketing a SaaS product, and 2+ years of Order Management marketing experience.
- Passionate Storyteller – You love to tell the story of the business challenges we solve, how we solve them, and why we’re different.
- Motivation – You’re a highly motivated individual with energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humor and passion for the Fluent business and partner ecosystem
- Leadership – You’re an excellent team leader who can work to lead, mentor and provide strategic guidance, with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward cross-functionally
- Strong communicator – You have clear, confident communication skills, both written and verbal, and marketing copywriting experience.
- Strategic thinker – You can see the big picture and how each project or deliverable aligns with larger goals.
- Highly collaborative – You proactively reach out to other team members, listen attentively, and work together to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Stakeholder management – You understand the importance of getting buy-in early and often, know how to negotiate roadblocks, and when to compromise.
- Detail Oriented – While top-level thinking is important, the details still matter, and you make sure you get the details you need to serve our stakeholders well.
- Positive and proactive attitude – Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a corporate environment.
- Results-oriented – You enjoy setting and meeting goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience marketing IBM Sterling Order Management, Manhattan Order Management, or Magento Order Management, or eCommerce retail technology.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org